Author Topic: Ongoing Statistics  (Read 54822 times)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: Ongoing Statistics
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »
The link below goes to a time-lapse video showing all the major realms of the game over the entire history of the game. Watch your favorite realms rise and fall and splinter and grow and fight in 40 seconds of pure data:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRggDInCOhI

Roran Hawkins

• "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »
That looks awesome.
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Mookzen

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2014, 04:47:37 PM »
It's interesting how the big holdings start to flicker with captured regions during a war.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2014, 06:41:22 PM »
It's unfortunate that at several times during development, something happened that caused things to not be recorded properly and that's why the whole map flickers here and there. But I'm not going through 1200 frames one-by-one to find the bad ones and then fix them by hand.

Valast

« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2014, 04:14:02 AM »
Looks great!  Over time those flickers will be meaningless.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2014, 07:29:52 PM »
So it's been a few months I think since I posted one of these charts up, so I figured, why not?

I've also taken the liberty of breaking out the Grand Fate's constituents, so you can see how the individual realms of the Republic look against other realms.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2014, 07:55:15 PM »
Ryne really does need more nobles, as the initial idea was after all to have more nobles than estates so there would be more competition, it has kind of failed, i hope more nobles join soon.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2014, 08:01:20 PM »
Want more nobles? Put up more knight offers.

I've gotten like 3 new players just recently.
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2014, 09:43:57 PM »

This is so true. I recently put up a couple knight offers and it took less than 2 days to fill all of them.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2014, 09:55:31 PM »
Yeah they do seem to go pretty fast, i put up 3 before leaving with one of my characters, and in just about 2 weeks all 3 had joined and got an estate from me each.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2014, 11:36:37 PM »

That is only half our issue. Ryne attracted a player that is not that interested in the original experiment and expands constantly his families little empire. Hopefully the ill feelings towards the characters will boil over into real conflict eventually, though we may have left it too long, I think he now controls more land then the rest of Ryne combined.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2014, 11:45:22 PM »
That is only half our issue. Ryne attracted a player that is not that interested in the original experiment and expands constantly his families little empire. Hopefully the ill feelings towards the characters will boil over into real conflict eventually, though we may have left it too long, I think he now controls more land then the rest of Ryne combined.

The Duchy of Dairy? I'm familiar. I have a character in Ryne. And it's a few more regions than half that Dairy controls. Creena could just declare that no family shall hold more than X estates, and deal with the consequences.

Last I checked, didn't Ryne have some connections in Elysium though? Of course, there's a couple rogues running down around the southern border of Ryne (or somewhere past that) that, if someone could contact them, could be convicned or bribed into some selective targetting.

That's of course assuming that the Dukedom of Dairy doesn't read the forums and take this as his opportunity to go bug out.

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2014, 01:31:49 AM »
The Duchy of Dairy? I'm familiar. I have a character in Ryne. And it's a few more regions than half that Dairy controls. Creena could just declare that no family shall hold more than X estates, and deal with the consequences.

Last I checked, didn't Ryne have some connections in Elysium though? Of course, there's a couple rogues running down around the southern border of Ryne (or somewhere past that) that, if someone could contact them, could be convicned or bribed into some selective targetting.

That's of course assuming that the Dukedom of Dairy doesn't read the forums and take this as his opportunity to go bug out.

He did annex the County of Vanailion though, which was de jure property of Ascalon's King. Sadly everyone in the county was zZz so it didn't turn into a real scandal.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2014, 01:38:34 AM »

He did annex the County of Vanailion though, which was de jure property of Ascalon's King. Sadly everyone in the county was zZz so it didn't turn into a real scandal.

According to the immutable laws of CK2 and EU, a de jure cassus belli would not expire (if memory serves).

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2014, 01:53:41 AM »
According to the immutable laws of CK2 and EU, a de jure cassus belli would not expire (if memory serves).

Ofcourse, but that's a long way off, and I have peasant rebellions to take care of first  ::)  In any case, he didn't openly declare war on me either, so it's against everything Thomas of Aquino said about justified warfare!  ;D