Author Topic: Ongoing Statistics  (Read 52823 times)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ongoing Statistics
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2014, 12:08:23 PM »
Is experience capped?  I notice a lot of people grinding troops and whilst I don't object, im wondering if I should get in on the act?  I mean if I face 100 Troops with 1000 experience against my 1000 troops with 23 experience, who's winning?

I know Tom said the advantage of experience tapers off after a while. I think there are big gains at the start up to 20 or 30 experiance, but after that the differences become much less pronounced.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2014, 02:37:36 PM »
Is experience capped?

Yes and no.

Experience per se is not capped. You can have a soldier with 5000 xp.

The effects of experience is capped. No amount of experience can make your soldier more than about twice as powerful as he'd be with 0 experience. It also doesn't work linearily. Early XP is worth a lot, then decreasingly so. To get to that maximum point, you need a LOT of experience. We're talking from somewhere between a couple hundred xp to several thousand xp.

Alumaani

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »
Will soldiers die in the future?  After say 50 years?

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2014, 01:06:30 AM »
Will soldiers die in the future?  After say 50 years?

Ask me again in 10 years. :-)

kellaine

• King of D`Hara
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2014, 01:43:16 AM »
I'm very happy about this graph:

It shows that we are finally entering a game phase dominated by conflict and battle. As you can see, even though the Rathgar / EI war is over, there is no shortage of conflict. When I find time, I'll make a geographical analysis and get a heatmap of battles over the past week or so so see if conflict is fairly evenly distributed or concentrated.

I know that many of the battles are in D`hara... lol

Thatcher Family

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2014, 02:10:38 AM »
I know that many of the battles are in D`hara... lol

The graph does not show number of battles, it shows number of soldiers involved in battles. So unless you have not only many, but also many large battles...

No, right now there is a lot of war all around. FI broke apart, I don't know what's going on inside ex-Rathgar, then D'hara, and at the southern edges of the Imperium, sleeper settlements are being taken by force.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2014, 02:15:40 AM »
The graph does not show number of battles, it shows number of soldiers involved in battles. So unless you have not only many, but also many large battles...

No, right now there is a lot of war all around. FI broke apart, I don't know what's going on inside ex-Rathgar, then D'hara, and at the southern edges of the Imperium, sleeper settlements are being taken by force.

Battles upon my island are mostly winding down. One raider has been captured, 2 others have had most of their forces destroyed (I think, wounded troops always make these estimations difficult for me). Bahan d'Shandar and William Ogren are the last two known raiders with significant troops left. The White Companies war against Red Forest is also quiet at the moment, I suspect both sides are busy preparing to renew hostilities.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2014, 04:48:06 AM »
No battles in Rathgar at the moment, we are at the Thing, and thus no fighting.
After the Thing, i'm sure something will happen, in our own time. And it will likely be bigger than the rest of the battles being fought in the world, don't worry we'll get there.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2014, 08:41:30 AM »
don't worry we'll get there.

Sorry, after hearing the same promise for three months in different varieties, I'll believe it when I see it.

Mookzen

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2014, 10:45:15 AM »
Sorry, after hearing the same promise for three months in different varieties, I'll believe it when I see it.

Really ? We're still on that page ?

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2014, 01:42:20 PM »
we already had a war, you just don't recognise it as "big enough"
so we fulfilled our promise already :)

Do you have a graph showing the relative strengths of each Major Realm? That could be interesting to see in terms of how the balance is in the game?

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2014, 02:03:11 PM »
Do you have a graph showing the relative strengths of each Major Realm? That could be interesting to see in terms of how the balance is in the game?

Yes, of course I do. You'll understand that I don't post some of those statistics, but I have pretty much everything you can imagine.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2014, 02:07:51 PM »
obviously to an extent yeah.
But in the current situation maybe it will help the large militaries pick more appropriate targets.
Maybe just have the top 5-10 named, and the rest just the bar showing numbers, but not name?

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »
obviously to an extent yeah.
But in the current situation maybe it will help the large militaries pick more appropriate targets.
Maybe just have the top 5-10 named, and the rest just the bar showing numbers, but not name?

Um its not hard. Send a smallish force, see what the military response is and reply in kind. There is no requirement to go using your entire military in every situation.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2014, 03:51:28 PM »
i doubt very few or anyone does use their entire military against anyone.
But 20% of X's military be 100% of someone elses, so how do they gauge it as appropriate or not?
People want the bigger forces to start fighting eachother. We know who the biggest 3 are, but that only helps those 3 assess.
Anyway, it's just me, i'm nosy by nature and like to know lots of different details and facts about things, and currently i can't find out what i want to know which is a little frustrating hehe.